Friday, April 13, 2007

sweet music

So tonight, on a two-day spur of the moment (if there can be such a thing), a bunch of reverb musicians and friends got together to jam. I haven't seen my hubby so happy in a long time. Isn't it funny how doing the things we love makes us feel alive? Like maybe we're somehow worshiping God when we do what we love and use our natural giftedness?

I know this isn't spiritual in the fundamentalist sort of way, but I do think something God-pleasing was happening. A bunch of friends creating music, enjoying the beauty of sound, being in the moment - oh it felt so good.

Well, we're going to do this more often. I know a lot of us want community. And I say, what better way to do it than hangin' out making or just listening to some good sounds. Thanks Aaron, Brent, Cody, Mark, and Ray...you made my night.

If you're interested, join us at the CoffeeCan @ 1035 Wade St. We're going to have more jams and schedule some local bands for more polished gigs too...

life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

People should read this.