Wednesday, March 7, 2007

Will it make a difference?



Recently the Nazarene big-wigs (that is, our denominational leadership) proclaimed a new and improved mission statement. One for today's "over communicated world". Simple but not simplistic...did anyone feel the earth move?

Don't get me wrong. I like the direction this mission statement points us toward. In fact, I've been headed that direction for a long time. But will it shake down to make any difference in the trenches? I guess that's up to me. As a pastor, I'm going to have to unpack it and build meaning into it for my friends.

Anyway, it is quite a lovely banner, don't you think?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Like it!
Like "Make disciples" as opposed to converts or members.
Like "Christlike" as opposed to orthodox.
Like the fact that Jesus said it.
Seems like there is a movement afoot in Christianity to re-focus on Jesus himself as the source and goal of all we do.
Could be exciting.